Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Phantasmagoria Projection Three: Woodruff-Fontaine House

The third installment of the Ten Three Labs Mystery box has arrived in my mailbox and I have slathered it all over myself for your enjoyment. This time we get to learn about the Woodruff-Fontaine House located in Memphis, TN. This box might be a little on the rare side as I'm not sure how many are in circulation as I noticed around the middle of September that a good chunk of them where still unsold, Cara then shut down shop until Oct. 2nd and when she opened back up this phantasmagoria was no longer available so if you really really like something from this box and missed out on buying one I'm not sure how many people will be de-stashing.



The first two pictures show the box contents paper, this time it is printed on a matte paper with a floral backdrop. The next set of photos are the items freshly unboxed and the amazing label art! This time we got three eyeshadows, a saucebox sheen, a salve stick, a perfume from Smelly Yeti, and some adorable and delicious taffy. Every single box has been well put together and follows the theme really well. I honestly cannot wait until march for the next one!



I'm sorry the swatches are a little messy I moved a month or so ago and have no idea where my tape went, all swatches are swatched from left to right over Nyx Milk, Nyx Black Bean, Brija Eye Wax, and UDPP. The first two photos are indoors with flash, the next set are indoor in natural light with no flash, and the saucebox sheen is swatched in one coat over my bare lips in natural light and no flash. From top to bottom we have;


Eyeshadows

Wedding Lace: Very pale matte cream
Lip Safe!

I really like this color, it's not too light and not too dark pretty much the perfect transition color for any look. I definitely see myself wearing this a lot in the future. It goes on pretty smooth, you might want to use a primer to really make it pop as it's a little more sheer over bare skin.


Elliot: Deep muddy matte brown
Lip Safe!

I see this color making really pretty smoky eyes and cut creases, on me it's a little to dark for everyday wear as a shadow but it would look gorgeous as a subtle liner. This one is probably good wether you use a base or not, I know it looks a little patchy on my bare skin but I didn't pack it on as much as I could have.


Rose Room: Light matte rosy red
Lip Safe!

This is a very wearable matte red, almost like a light cranberry. I have no idea why I am so into reds right now but I adore them and I love playing around with them. I think it has something to do with it being Autumn. This could be a gorgeous cheek and lip color if you wanted to play around. This is another shadow that is going to be getting a lot of love from me in the future.


Saucebox Sheen

Courting Chair: Rosy mauve

A lovely shade of red, I find that it does bleed a tiny bit so I would suggest possibly wearing a lip liner with this one. I adore this formula, it's somewhere between a cream and a gloss but more on the cream side. The color is very opaque and you can definitely get enough color in one swipe, but you can also build up if you so desire. I've noticed that it does stain a little bit, especially on the skin around my lips so be careful when applying so you don't end up looking like a clown. I simply cannot get enough lippies and so far Cara has given me my two favorite shades of red. I can't wait to see what color we get next.


Salve Stick

Mollie: Rose

I am a rose fanatic, so much to the point where at one time I grew sick of it. I am back to the point where I can tolerate the scent again so I obviously adore the scent of this salve stick. It's subtle, like when you lean in to a single flower and take a nice big whiff. Makes me want to fall asleep in a rose like that little lizard.


Scent

La Vie En Bros.: Mahogany woodwork mingles with musky leather. Death doesn't always lead to a final rest, and at times you can still smell his old pipe, stuffed with sweet tobacco. In the air: twisting bulgarian roses, and a hint of exotic oud.
What it smells like in the bottle: wood, leather, roses, tobacco
What it smells like on me: Wet on my skin the leather and mahogany take center stage, as it starts to dry the rose comes through with a slight hint of the tobacco. As it morphs the tobacco is lost and the leather and wood comes back, subtle but enough to intrigue your senses. On me on dry down the rose and the leather and wood are in a intricate dance, with each sniff I can either smell roses or leather and wood. As it sits the leather and wood take a back seat and the rose is left lingering in the front with just the subtle hint of wood and leather in the background. This scent intrigues me so, it's like a battle of masculine and feminine working it's way over my skin. I love this scent, I will be so sad when I use it all ='(.

I adore everything in this box, I am so blown away by the effort that Cara puts into these that I am almost speechless. I love that I was able to try a new perfume from a perfumery I've never tried before. I hope you enjoyed our little journey and I hope to see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment