Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sixteen92: Supercell and The Grass Harp

Alright so I know I need to put together my reviews of both Brija and Limnit but I wanted to give them both a thorough wearing before making a judgement so I'm giving you guys a review of both Supercell and The Grass Harp right out of the box, this is before they have had a chance to age. I will put up another review in a couple of months once they settle. I was lucky to catch the second batch of Supercell and I got a sample of The Grass Harp.


Supercell: The Calm Before (Top Notes) Electric ozone, sharp green grasses, asphalt. The Storm (Middle Notes) Petrichor, windblown hay, damp florals. The Aftermath (Base Notes) Crushed stems, soaked earth, cracked branches
What it smells like in the bottle: wet dried hay
What it smells like on me: at first it smells like wet dried hay and as it dries down the ozone comes out, after it's been on for a little while it definitely has the cracked branches smell.

This is a perfect scent for anyone who loves the smell of hay, cracked branches, and fresh cut grass. I completely adore how fresh and green this scent is, my BF and sister on the other hand do not like it one bit. I asked why and got the same response from both "It smells like herbs". Perhaps after it settles they'll be able to tolerate it a little better, I'm 100% happy that I blind bought this scent and I'll pick another bottle up if they ever offer it again because this is going to be my summer scent.


The Grass Harp: Orange blossom, clover, hyacinth, ruby red grapefruit, sweet basil
What it smells like in the bottle: hotel bar soap
What it smells like on me: hotel bar soap

I really enjoy the clean smell of this scent. I'm assuming the clover and sweet basil are the culprits when it comes to the hotel bar soap scent, and while I do enjoy the scent it has now I hope it develops and allows some of the other scents to break through. As I only got a sample of this I'm most likely going to get a full size bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment